Cajun Blaze Crawfish Etouffee
Etouffee is a dish found in both Cajun and Creole cuisine that is typically served with shellfish over rice.
- 1 lb Louisiana crawfish tails
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 4 celery ribs chopped
- 1 tsp garlic chopped
- 3 Tbsp tomato sauce
- green onions chopped
- 16 oz half-and-half cream
- 2-3 Tbsp Cajun Blaze ™ Seasoning
- 2 cups steamed rice
- Heat oil over medium heat and stir in four to make roux (take your time).
- Add the sautéed vegetables.
- Add tomato sauce.
- Add half-and-half cream. Start with about 8 oz and added the rest, as needed for desired consistency.
- Add crawfish tails, chopped green onions and Cajun Blaze ™ Seasoning.
- Simmer until it thickens (about 15 minutes).
- Serve over steamed rice.