Jambalaya, one pot
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 2 ribs celery chopped or minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 lbs chicken breasts (boneless, skinless ) cut into 1" cubes
- 6 oz Andouille sausage sliced
- 1 Tbsp Tomato paste
- 3/4 cups white rice (long grain )
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup tomatoes (diced, un-drained)
- 1 Tbsp Cajun Blaze Seasoning, All-Purpose
- 1 bay leaf
- Add oil to a large pot over medium-high eat. When the oil is hot, add the Trinity (onion, bell pepper, celery) and garlic to the pot. Cook until fragrant (about 3 minutes).
- Add the chicken, Andouille, and tomato paste. Stir around the mix with the other ingredients and break up the tomato paste.
- Add the white rice and stir it around until lightly toasted.
- Stir in the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, Cajun Blaze Seasoning, and bay leaf.
- Cover, and cook over low heat for 30-45 minutes (until rice is cooked through and the liquid has been completely absorbed). * Stir every 10 minutes or so to prevent the rice from sticking.