Cajun Blaze Crawfish Etouffee
Etouffee is a dish found in both Cajun and Creole cuisine that is typically served with shellfish over rice.
- 1 lb Louisiana crawfish tails
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 4 celery ribs chopped
- 1 tsp garlic chopped
- 3 Tbsp tomato sauce
- green onions chopped
- 16 oz half-and-half cream
- 2-3 Tbsp Cajun Blaze ™ Seasoning
- 2 cups steamed rice
- Heat oil over medium heat and stir in four to make roux (take your time).
- Add the sautéed vegetables.
- Add tomato sauce.
- Add half-and-half cream. Start with about 8 oz and added the rest, as needed for desired consistency.
- Add crawfish tails, chopped green onions and Cajun Blaze ™ Seasoning.
- Simmer until it thickens (about 15 minutes).
- Serve over steamed rice.
Cajun Blaze Seasoning
The Cajun Blaze Seasoning is available for purchase and can now be enjoyed in the comfort of your home. Our Cajun seasoning is made in Louisiana from all natural ingredients. No MSG or gluten added.