Cajun Blaze Gumbo (easy)
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 celery sticks chopped
- 1/4 tsp garlic minced
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 10 cups water
- 1 cup instant roux mix
- 3 lbs chicken
- 1 lb smoked sausage
- Cajun Blaze ™ Seasoning to taste
- gumbo file
- 4 cups steamed rice
- Add oil to a stockpot and sauté vegetables until soft.
- Add 2 cups of water and 1 cup of instant roux mix.
- Bring to a boil. After mixture begins to thicken, reduce heat to low and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add remaining water.
- Add meat, bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer until chicken is tender.
- Season gumbo to taste with Cajun Blaze ™ Seasoning.
- Serve gumbo over steamed rice and garnish with chopped green onions and filé.